Tuesday 15 May 2012

Flying the Flag!

For anyone who doesn't know, The Eurovision Song Contest will be happening on the 26th of May!

Now, I have always prided myself on having a fairly serious taste in music, listening to Bands like Pearl Jam, The Cure, The Kinks, you know the kind of thing.

Well... I'm sad to say that musically I have one weakness....Europop! I absolutely love Eurovision and all that europop rubbish!  People criticise it for being cheesy, but that is what is so good about it!  It's camp, it's kitsch, it's crazy and it is hilarious!  What's not to love?

So what will I be doing on the 26th?  I'll be having a fabulously trashy Eurovision party like I do every year, getting dressed up, making nibbles, drinking cocktails, dancing the night away to bad music and generally flying the flag for Eurovision...although I firmly expect the UK and poor old Englebert Humperdinck to receive "nul points" as always (damn geographical and political voting)! I can't wait until Holly is old enough to enjoy Eurovision too, we can even use it as a sneaky way teach her some European geography!

So to celebrate my Eurovision excitement I'm going to treat you to a snap of a previous, disastrous Eurovision entry from the UK, aptly titled (as luck would have it) "Flying the Flag" by Scooch.  It was our entry in 2007 and is everything a Eurovision entry should be... camp, fun, and bloody awful!  Enjoy!


Watch the cheesy video HERE!





This post is for prompt number 15 of the Snap Happy BritMums Photo Challenge


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com