Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Why I Hate Mary Poppins!

I only just realised it the other day, I'm the mummy equivalent of a bag lady, minus the bag...

I just happened to spot myself in the mirror as I was foraging through one of the many large pockets which adorn my day to day attire.  I took a long hard look in that mirror with dismay, as it seems I've begun to choose clothing based more on practicality than style.  The days outfit choice is now generally based around whether it has enough storage (not only for my ample stomach, thighs and other assorted wobbly bits), but for wide variety of baby paraphernalia as well.  Not a day goes by that I don't stick my hand in a pocket and find one (or more) of the following:

  • A sock/A shoe
  • A muslin cloth
  • A bib
  • A bottle lid
  • A baby wipe
  • A used nappy (yes I know that is disgusting *hangs head in shame)