Monday 6 August 2012

GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Foundation Review! Oh my GOSH!



My Foundation Journey

Since I no longer buy high end make-up as much as I used to I have been on a mission to find good, reasonably priced foundations for some time.  While I used to favour brands like MAC and Estée Lauder, I must say I've been very impressed with a lot of what the high street make-up brands have to offer.  It seems that the days of orange oompa loompa flakey cakey foundation are all but over! My particular favourite brand for foundation has so far been Bourjois and their wonderful Healthy Mix foundation. However, as much as I love it, I would like to find something with a bit more coverage as I have quite a few blemishes and old acne scars I'd like to hide! I was excited when Bourjois released their full coverage foundation , Bourjois Flower Perfection. Although the coverage was good I found it didn't work well on my unruly skin.  I have mega oily combination skin, so while I'm oily all over, I also have a lot of dryness across my cheeks.  I found that it made my dry patches look hideous!  So I decided I would start looking around for another full coverage alternative and that's when I found GOSH X-Ceptional Wear...



GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Review


This foundation comes in very simple but professional looking packaging.  The bottle contains 35 ml/1.2 fl.oz and costs just £7.99.  It is available in Superdrug.






When applied, the product glides onto the skin and it has a lovely feel to it.   I have previously found  lot of full coverage foundations seem very thick and dry quite quickly on the skin making them more difficult to apply and blend. This often causes them to appear cakey and mask like on the skin.  I can happily say this isn't the case here! This foundation was a dream to apply.  I used my Sigma F80 to apply it and it melted into my skin rather than just sitting on top of it like a cakey mask. It has an extremely matte finish but still looks very natural.

The coverage is exceptionally good, I didn't have to use a lot of product and the majority of my blemishes were well covered even without concealer.  Another bonus is that this product is easily buildable so you could apply a touch more and boost the coverage a bit further if you wanted.  A little product really does go a long way with this! I'm pleased to report that it covered my dry patches and made my skin look smooth without any flaky skin showing through!  Also, I tend to suffer from a little redness across my cheeks and around my nose and I usually have to use concealer on these areas to get enough coverage.  When I applied this foundation none of my redness was visible!  How good is that?


What else is left to say about this foundation? Well, what about staying power? It is great! I apply this foundation without setting it with powder.  Something which I have never done with any other foundation, EVER.  It stays put all day.  I get a little shine on my nose but that isn't until late evening, when most other foundations would usually be long gone, even with powder to set them!  This product simply does not budge!  I can really see why they call it exceptional wear!

So I guess you are wondering if there are any negative points?  To be honest, for me, not really!  However I do have a few suggestions/tips when it comes to using this foundation.  Firstly, as I've already said it is VERY matte.  If you don't like matte foundation it may be best to avoid this one.  However, I've found that you can make it look a bit less matte if you mix it with a tiny amount of liquid highlighter.  It may take a bit of experimentation to get it to the finish you like though.  Also, I don't think this foundation should be applied by hand.  It definitely applies much better using a brush or damp make-up sponge.  It does apply OK, but nowhere near as good as with a brush! 

The Final Verdict

I love this foundation!  It has to be my new favourite foundation and I can see me using it for a long time to come.  For my skin, it works perfectly and does everything I need it to!  Not only that, but at £7.99 it is an absolute bargain as it is far superior to anything else I've tried for a very long time.  I would definitely recommend you try it if you are looking for a good full coverage foundation.  Even if you didn't like it (although I'm sure it's unlikely), it is only £7.99!   I'm sure we've all spent much more than that on foundations we didn't like! So go on. Try it out.  I'm sure you'll be saying "Oh my GOSH" at just how good this is!


Thanks for reading!!


Disclosure:  I bought this product myself and all opinions are my own

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And its cruelty free and vegan!!! This is why I love it even more :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com